Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 - God

So, I've decided to make a very bold move...I'm going to blog everyday for the month of November. 

Shouldn't be too hard right?

I say that only because I'm going to blog about 1 thing (well, there may be a day or two that I throw in a few things) that I'm thankful for.

So...here we go!

Day 1 - God

I am extremely thankful that I have a loving God.

I can tell you that I've been a believer all of my life...

HOWEVER,

I've been a Christ Follower for really only about 6 years.

There truly is a difference.

You see before, I believed in God, and I believed the Bible, and I knew what God was asking of me to follow Him...but I didn't really live out my life in a way that was pleasing to God (well, if I was God, which thank God I'm not, I wouldn't have been too terribly pleased).

That's not to say I don't screw up sometimes still.  There are still things I do that make me fall back and I'm pretty sure he's up there in heaven looking at me shaking his head at those moments.

But the great thing about it is...he loves me anyway (cue the Sidewalk Prophets).

He forgives me for all my past sins and all the mistakes I make now.

He knows I'm not perfect.

But He won't turn his back on me.

He won't stop loving me just because I screw up.



We've been doing a journey with our Church...the Strong Journey.

There are multiple other churches around the nation doing this journey right now with us.

Some 50,000 people...

And during this journey we have challenges that last about 15-20 minutes daily.

I was working on some of mine this week. 

I was challenged to read John 14:1-7.

Jesus is comforting his disciples and he tells them, "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in me.  My father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know that way to the place where I am going."

"...I am going there to prepare a place for you..."

"I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Oh...it's so comforting. 

It's so awesome to know that because I know Him, and because of his UNCONDITIONAL love for me...he's preparing a place for me.

He's going to come back and take me there so that I can be with Him.

Sometimes that's SO hard to wrap around my brain.

The fact that He will stop what he's doing, will leave his whole group of followers, just to come find me. 

Me - the one lost sheep.

*Yep, I just called myself a sheep.

I am so Thankful and blessed to be a Christ Follower and to have Him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment