Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 - Grandparents

Today I'm thankful for my Grandparents.

I was very blessed to be born into the family that I was...and a huge part of my childhood consisted of spending time with my Grandparents.

My Grandma and Grandpa Whetsel...


 lived 10 minutes from us and we saw them nearly every weekend.

We used to spend hours playing in their basement.

Grandma and Grandpa are a big part of why  I love antiques.

Chris and I live in and recently bought the house that they built in 1953.

I have lots of memories of them and spending time in this house when I was little.  I look forward to the memories and traditions that Chris and I will have here in the future.


My Grandma and Grandpa Friedline...

Unfortunately I don't have any pics on the computer of Grandpa...trust me, he was super cute!

They lived in Fort Wayne, and Grandma still lives there.

We didn't get to see them quite as often as Grandma and Grandpa Whetsel, but I think that made it even more exciting when we did see them.

Each Summer Heather and I would take turns spending a week on our own with Grandma and Grandpa.

Grandpa helped teach me how to ride a bike without training wheels, and he'd always go swimming with us.

Grandma took us shopping and has been such a huge inspiration and confidant.

My childhood is filled with rich moments and love.

I owe this to my Grandparents...for the love the showed me directly and the love my parents learned from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment