Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful November's final posts!

Day 30 – YAY we made it to the end…well…
I realize I was a little lax here toward the end of the month with my posting.

But today I’m thankful that I have SO many things to be thankful for!

I mean seriously…it wasn’t hard at all to come up with the 30 + things that I mentioned over the month.

I know I have way more blessings than just those!

I am extremely thankful for all of the blessings in my life.


Day 29 – Sydney (and all my nieces and nephews)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY!


Sydney is one of my nieces.

She’s is too cute for words (as are all of my nieces and nephews).

By the way, I have 11 nieces and nephews! 

That’s a lot of cuteness!

I am thankful for each and every one of them.

They all teach me and stretch me in different ways.

I love to spend time with them.

I love to hear what’s important to them and what new discoveries they’ve made.

They make me smile, laugh, sometimes cry (with joy), and sometimes they turn that Aunt instinct on and I’m ready to go to battle for them.

The Elliott side:  Collin, Isaac, Timothy, Ava, Kaylen, Sydney, Harrison, and Ethan...

 and Mariah (she was still in the womb when the above pic was taken)



Killian and Keegan


I love each and every one of you!


MWAH!


Day 28 – Our house

It’s not new…well it’s new to us.

But it’s ours.

And I’m thankful that we have a warm house with a nice new roof over our heads.

We laugh, cry, and spent time together here making memories.

I know we’ll have many more memories made in this house.

Sure it’s got its downers and there are things that we have to fix ALL THE TIME (or so it seems).

But I do love it…

If for no other reason than the fact that I get to share it with Chris.


Day 27 – Friends

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but Chris and I truly do have amazing friends.

I mentioned my high school friends and college friends earlier…but we have all kinds of friends that fall outside of those two categories!

~ Hope


Chris hired Hope to work with him at the Pizza place he worked at in college.  Since then we’ve been fabulous friends!  Hope, you complete me.

~ Dan and Kristin


You’ve seen them around the blog before.  Dan and Kristin are friends we met at Crosspoint.  Dan led our Life Together Group for a bit, and we started hanging out at non-Crosspoint events and became really close!

~ Barbie and Jenn


We met Barbie and Jenn (and their husbands) at our Sunday School class when we went to CATC.  The ladies got together one night to learn how to make jewelry.  I was a smidge nervous about going since we were new to the class, but it sounded fun and I knew it would be a way for me to get to know the other wives a little better.  Barbie, Jenn and I were the last to leave, and so we sat and chatted for a LONG time.  Now, we get together (or try to anways) once a month to scrapbook.  I love these two girls so much!

I know I missed so many of you…I’m sorry.  I promise I didn’t purposefully leave anyone out.  There are just WAY too many people that I call friends to single each one of you out.

All of my friends have a special place in my heart. 

I have learned from each one of you.

And I am so appreciative of the gift of knowing each and every one of you.


Day 26 – Tiffany

 Today is Tiffany’s birthday.

Tiffany is Chris’ cousin.  And we have gotten pretty close with her and her family.

I am thankful for our friendship.

I am thankful to have another nurse in the family.

I am thankful for the memories we share and the laughing that has been a part of those memories.

I love you Friend!


Day 25 – Family

As has been said many many times before…I was born into an amazing family.

I was blessed with so many great people to model after and learn from.

I’ve already mentioned my Parents, Grandparents, and sister…but there are so many more people in my family that I’m thankful for.

~ My Aunt Pam
Pam's on the left holding the T-shirts ;0)
My Aunt Pam has spent years and years devoting herself to helping raise money to find a cure for CF…why?  Because of little ‘ol me, that’s why!  But there’s many other reasons why I’m thankful for her.  She was a huge part of my life growing up, and she still is.  When we went swimming on the weekends, we went to her house.  She was at every single choir performance I ever had.  She gave me one of my favorite childhood toys (a HUGE dollhouse), I spent hours playing with it.  She ALWAYS buys me peanut butter fudge when she see it somewhere.  She loves to give me Longaberger (and until I became a consultant she sold it to me too).  She’ll sit down and chat for hours with me about anything and everything.

~ My cousin Brigette
Brig and Heather have always been close because they're closer in age and life stage...but I love my cousin.  And I've always looked up to her.  I hope that no matter what happens in life, with our family..she knows I love her.  And I'm always here.

~ My Great Aunts and Uncles and all the millions (okay maybe not quite that many) of other cousins have had such an impact on my life.  I'm so thankful that we are a close knit family and can rely on each other for support.


Day 24 – FOOD

Oh…I LOVE FOOD!

Always have and I’m pretty sure I always will.

When I lose my appetite I know there’s something wrong with me ;0)

Thanksgiving is a wonderful day to celebrate food.

And believe me, I had my share. 

Sheila was a happy GIRL!


Day 23 – Breaks from School

I love breaks from school…especially this year.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job.

But some days/weeks/months/semesters are just hard.  And having that time away from the kids to chillax and wind down is SOOOOO needed.

So breaks from school are definitely something that I’m thankful for.


Day 22 - Mom

What to say about my Mom.

My Mom is my rock...

My confidant...

My support...

She's my Mom.

She's this beautiful, strong, amazing woman.

And everything in my life I've learned from her.  Okay maybe not everything...but pretty much everything that truly will ever matter.

My Mom has been with me through everything in my life.

And I can't imagine my life without her.

I talk to her every day.

I laugh with her.

I cry with her.

She's AMAZING!!!!

My life is richer because she's my Mom.

Again...I don't know what I did to be so very blessed with such a wonderful woman to raise me and to role model after.

 I love you Mom!!!!!! 
   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment