Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 - My Pookster and Iahyn

Today I'm thankful for  a few things.

1st up...my College roommate!


Our freshman year, Ann lived across the hall from me and we became great friends...so we lived together the rest of college (well the rest of Ann's anyway).

I'm a little crazy...and Ann's more quiet (until you get to know her) attitude helped keep me a little more calm and collected most of the time.  And vice versa, my craziness helped bring out some of her wild tendencies too.

I miss my Pookster!

How we used to I.M. chat while we were sitting in our room at our desks virtually 5 feet way from each other.

Our conversations consisting of only movie quotes...primarily "Dumb and Dumber" movie quotes.

The odd things that for some reason seemed to only happen to us, or when we were together.

I never had a day with Ann that I didn't laugh!

We've been through quite a bit in the 13 years we've known each other! 

I wouldn't change a thing.

I can't wait to see all the amazing things that God has in store for her.



Next up...Iahyn (and really all of my honorary nieces and nephews).

4 years ago today, this little cutie patootie came into our lives!


Iahyn

Today I am thankful for Iahyn and all of my honorary nieces and nephews. 

There's something so special about being an Aunt not only to your own nieces and nephews, but about being an Aunt to your friends kids.

There are way too many names to list along with Iahyn's. 

But I am thankful for the opportunity to be an "Aunt" to him and to have him in my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment