Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's been a year!

It's been a year.

A year from the call that turned our world upside down.

A year exactly, from the day we brought our sweet little Bert Gert home.

It's been a year, since Chris became a Dad.

It's been a year, since I became a Mom.


 It's been a year!


It seems like longer, but at the same time it seems like it was just yesterday.

Our lives have changed so dramatically.

I've learned a lot this past year.  

Want to know the Number 1 thing I've learned?


I still have NO clue what I'm doing as a Mom!!!!!


Yes,  I know more now, than I did a year ago, but I still don't really know what I'm doing. 

And to be honest, I think it will always be like this to some degree ;0)

Something I do know...

I know how to be B.G.'s Mom.  

I know what she's saying when she asks for "mulk", or for "takes", or tells me "I Paya'!"  

I know that "Bubbles" means she wants to watch Bubble Guppies.

I know her favorite person in the world is her Papaw!

My heart skips a beat when she yells for the duckies and runs to our bedroom to get them.  (I sincerely can't wait to get a call from her teacher that says, "B.G. told us her brother is, Sexy!?!?!?!?!")

I am the proudest Momma on the planet when she prays aloud with us at night or at the table, says "Amen," and comes up to me at random times, grabs my leg, kisses it, looks up at me and says, "I yuv you!"


There will always be new things to learn and discover with her.  

We will always have moments that frustrate us, that drive me to run into the bathroom, shut the door, and pray that we can make it through the rest of the afternoon.

We'll always be reinventing how our days look, because one moment she'll love something and the next she will want nothing to do with it.

We'll constantly be growing into our roles, as Mommy and daughter (and Daddy for Chris), and what our family looks like.  

But the best part of this is that we will get to learn and grow and do all of these things together.


It's been a year...

It's been a GREAT year, and we're so thankful we get to call ourselves a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment