Friday, February 25, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By NO means was I expecting to have a snow day today.

My alarm went off at 4:05 for me to start my treatments....I took my phone off bedside mode and had 3 emails, no missed calls.  This is how I expected it.  Any time we have inclement weather there's always a little bit of hope that my voicemail will tell me we have a 2 hour delay (at least)...but I'm never really surprised when it doesn't.

So, I reset my alarm for 5:35, put my vest on and shook my way back to sleep for the next 45 minutes.

I snoozed a few times after the alarm went off again and when I did finally decide it was time for me to drag myself out of bed and into the shower, I checked my phone again.

And what to my wondering eyes did appear...

"1 missed call"

2 HOUR DELAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I reset my alarm and promptly fell back asleep. 

At 7:45 it buzzed again, and I hit snooze.  9 minutes later I decided to get up.  I grabbed my phone to take along with me and lo and behold, there on the screen was an open box that said, "1 missed call."

Seriously?  It was the Noblesville School number again.

"Due to the weather, we have re-evaluated the road conditions and have changed the school status from 2 hour delay to CLOSED."

Woo Hoo!!!!! 

I had to replay and put it on speaker phone so Chris could hear it: 
A. Because I wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming/imagining that we were closed. 
B. Would he really have believed me if I'd just told him?!?!??!?!?!?!?!


So, today I will be doing whatever I want...

Which probably means I will be cleaning most of the day because I really need to, and the last thing I want to do is clean over the weekend!!!!

Also, tonight I'm going to dinner with some of my High School friends to celebrate Crystal's birthday!  Yay!

Here are a few snow day pictures of our back yard.  These were taken January/February 2010.


This picture was taken through the kitchen window.  The snow and frost had built up on the window and I thought the tree in the backyard looked neat behind it.

Grandpa collected Railroad Memorabelia.  Heather and I have long threatened to take the RailRoad Crossing sign and cement it in the ground at the cemetery...who knows, it still might happen. ;0)
My wind chime off the back porch.


I love the fence gate and bell!  It makes me smile.



Enjoy your Snow Day...regardless of whether you get the day off or not.  As much as I'm ready for Spring, you can't deny the fact that God's blanket of snow is one beautiful creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment